Saturday, June 6, 2009

ok kim

Ok Kim I will write a post . I am glad you are persistent. It is a good charactoristic to have. You asked me to write about burning down the barn. It was like this. I was 11 and we lived in Sutherland, Utah. Sutherland is 5 miles from Delta. This farming country so most homes had corrals and out buildings surrounding the house. My brothers and I decided we would play cowboys and Indians one afternoon. We did this quite often. I was an Indian andmy brothers were cowbys. We would hide and chase each other around the corral and other out buildings having a good time. I decided that as it was starting to get dark I needed a torch to see with. In the outhouse I got toilet paper and then wrapped it around a tree branch and lit it on fire.(it burns really well) I then ran around the yard chasing the cowboys.The wind started to blow and blew the fire around the corral. I decided I had better put out all of the flames and end the game. I thought I had everything under controll and we went inside. During the night the wind blew very hard and suppose ignited some embers from the torch and this stared the corral and out house on fire. They burned down. Needless to say I was in big trouble. I still like fires.

6 comments:

Kim Ward said...

Dad, glad to read that today. I may have to write Grandma a letter and ask her how she dealt with wild little boys, cause Andrew has certainly been trying my patients and he didn't do anything in that realm. Guess I have nothing to complain about. Thanks for the post, I left you lots of topics so you can continue blogging.

Nicole said...

Dad that was extra naughty. No wonder you are always sticking up for the kids.

Jessica O. said...

You are hilarious. You shouldn't be quite so proud of that naughty thing. Don't tell the boys!

Nancy and Robert said...

I like fire too. So do my sons. Makes one wonder doesn't it.

Heather said...

Those were the good old days.

Kim Ward said...

Dad you should write at least one more before going to Lake Powell. I wish we were coming.