Saturday, October 18, 2008

a good day

Yesterday Wade,Jack, Dan. and I went to the Cold Water Ranch. It is a beautiful place and one gets close to nature. We stopped and bought gas in Huntsville and I bought drinks and one package of crumb donuts. We all enjoyed our little donut. Jack said he loves donuts. Wade said he existed on crumb donuts while he went to college. Dan just ate his donut. Little things make us all happy. I also enjoyed my donut. When we arrived at the ranch we all four got into a four wheeler and headed up the mountain. It is a bit crowded with 4 people on the seaat of the Ranger. We went to the fishing hole. I gave Jack a little pole and reel that I have had for sometime. He was so happy and was so polite and nice saying thank you. We fished for a while but didnot have much sucess. Jack leaarned how to cast the lure and he had a good time. Dan just loves playing in the dirt. He picks up sticks and stones andis very interested in nature. He was so dirty in a matter of a few minutes. We stopped at one pond to see if the beaver had been working on the spillway and while we were walking Jack stepped in a cow pie. He told his dad the his boots had cow poop on them. Wade told dhim that they are not real cowboy boots until they have cow ---- on them. Anyway they aare really funny. Jack din not try to not step in the cow pies. After we fished we decided to look for deer and elk. It is great fun to drive and look over the beautiful country. We did see a couple of elk and the boys had great fun looking through the binoculars. Dan decided it was time for a nap and went to sleep. Wade had his hands full trying to drive and hold Dan. It was a glorious day in the mountains. Wade is a very good dad and he tries to make his boys love nature and he is always trying to teach them. The boys are very lucky. I look forward to more outings with the grandsons and maybe even the grand daughters. I think memories of such activites last for a life time

5 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds like fun. Those two boys are so fun.

Jessica O. said...

It is good days like that- that make life so good. Thanks for going with them they really love you. I agree Wade is a good dad. He has many good examples to follow. Keep the posts coming.

Kim Ward said...

That sounds like a good day. I would love for Andrew to go up to the ranch sometime. That reminds me of going on rides in the truck when we would go to Grandpa's. And stop to kill rattle snakes, and gathering pine nuts.

Nicole said...

Sounds like a good day at the ranch. Is round up over? It reminds me of driving in the hills when we were little too.

Jocelyn said...

This sounds like so much fun. The boys are lucky to have a grandpa who enjoys spending time with them and who love to teach them new things.